committed to achieve perfection
Boltight Hydraulic Tensioners.
We are experts in the design and manufacture of hydraulic tensioners. All our designs are built to exacting safety standards.
Key features and benefits
• Strong and robust designs ensure durability and long operating life
• Lightweight designs ensure the tools are easy to work with
• Precise engineering offers smooth, trouble free operation
• Composite material seals for easy piston retraction
• Equipment working at pressures above 1000 bar is CE marked
• Compliance with the European Pressure Equipment Directive
Hydraulic bolt tensioners for every application
• Standard bolt tensioners
• Spring return bolt tensioners
• Xtra load bolt tensioners
• Subsea bolt tensioners
• Typhoon multi-stage bolt tensioners
• Foundation bolt tensioners
• MST flange tensioners
• Bolt tensioners for gas turbine rotors
• Bolt tensioners for gas turbine casings
• Hydraulic closure system for steam turbines
If an existing hydraulic tensioner cannot be modified to meet your specification, we can design and manufacture special tools. These can be supplied to fit any size of bolt and deliver any load requirement.
• Reusable: The split sleeve springs back to original size, use after use. Compared to the close tolerance solid sleeves found in other systems, the loose fit split sleeve is much less likely to hang up during removal.
• Generates axial and radial force simultaneously: Easier to "pull together" coupling halves.
• No reaming/honing required: Only line boring of holes is necessary.
• No coupling face machining is required (where the nuts seat): The multi-jackbolt design compensates for small variations in perpendicularity of the spotface to the hole centerline.
• Eliminate finish machine of sleeves on site: Generous sleeve expansion permits finish machining in advance.
Expansion bolts have been used all over the world to solve tough bolting challenges
Expansion bolting is particularly favorable for Couplings on:
• Ship drives
and many more!
Further the Expansion bolt for blind holes can replace dowel pins in transmitting transversal loads and ensuring positions.